Hotel with traditions
Avenue Hotel was built in 1898, designed by the architect Emil Blichfeldt, who is known as the father of the famous main entrance to the Tivoli Gardens etc. Svanegaarden was an ultra modern building with electricity, a lift, central heating and bathrooms in all flats – this was far from commonplace at that time. There has been a hotel in the building since 1939, Hotel Petit – a residential hotel – was owned by Lilian Lorentzen The hotel changed name to Frederiksberg Hotel in 1947 and continued to operate under several owners until 1972. In 1972 Svend Aage Geschwendtner and Fredy Svendsen bought the building from the Bikuben Savings Bank, who had owned it from 1905, and renamed it Avenue Hotel.